Inspired by cupcakesandcashmere.com…
I recently came across Emily’s blog cupcakesandcashmere.com and was inspired by her ‘Rules of Summer’ post.
I teach in a Secondary school and as a result have lovely periods of holiday, but I waste my time, I watch too much telly, and whilst a bit of telly time is nothing to feel guilty about I want to DO more with my time.
And so with that in mind, and inspired by emily’s post, here’s my list of things to do before the end of the Summer holidays….(these are all things I’ve never done but have been on my wish list for a while)…
- Go to a “pick your own” fruit and veg farm
- Try oysters
- Buy and wear a fabulous 50s style dress (including hair and make-up)
- Have a fabulous, glam picnic with friends
- Make homemade pink lemonade and ginger ale
- Go on a kayaking adventure (I’ve just passed my Level 1 Kayak course and started my Level 2!)
- Do a little mini tour taking in just a few fabulous British tearooms/cake shops (starting of course with the fabulous Maison Bertaux, Soho, London)
- Go on a London Bus Tour
- Go for at least one ‘Wild Swim’
- Spend a day walking some of the Thames Path
- Visit Eltham Palace
- Make a dress